Why Choose Traditional Chinese Medicine?
Acupuncture, herbs and other accessory techniques have been used for thousands of years in Asia to treat everything from the common cold to serious illnesses. Traditional Chinese medicine views a person as an integrated whole where the physical, emotional, and psychological aspects of a person all play a role in the diagnosis and the treatment of disease. Chinese medicine looks to treat the root of the disorder, not just mask the symptoms, so that the disorder may be fully resolved with enough time and treatment. While this medicine is excellent at relieving pain, it is also very good at treating a whole variety of disorders, including digestion, sleep, menstruation, autoimmune, and emotional disorders (see below for a more extensive list of what Chinese medicine can help treat). This medicine is minimally invasive compared to many common Western medicine treatment options such as surgery, with far fewer side effects. In addition to treating a specific disorder, most patients find acupuncture to be a relaxing experience that lowers their stress and improves their quality of life overall.
Traditional Chinese Medicine is very good at treating:
- Frequent headaches
- Menstrual disorders such as endometriosis, fibroids, fertility, irregular cycles, painful cycles or heavy bleeding.
- Auto-immune disorders such as lupus, arthritis, or multiple sclerosis.
- Skin problems such as acne, itchy skin, psoriasis or eczema.
- Digestive issues such as recurrent stomach aches, diarrhea or constipation, nausea, or irritable bowel syndrome
- Weight management
- Chronic stress
- Smoking cessation
- Sleep issues such as insomnia or frequent waking at night
- Urinary problems such as recurrent urinary tract infections or frequent urge to urinate
- Pain of all types – injury related, muscle strains, or chronic pain
- Emotional disorders such as anxiety or depression
Kelly Kay does not work with insurance companies, and payment is expected at time of service. She does accept FSA/FSA cards for payment. A form can be provided that YOU can submit to your insurance company, sometimes you do receive some reimbursement for services.
Book a Session
Kelly takes very limited new clients in acupuncture.
If you're interested, please email her to check pricing and availability.